Basic RC Sailing Rules
Below is a link to just one You Tube video on the Basic Rules of RC Sailing
Here is a link to some more information in written and PDF format concerning Basic Terminology and Basic Racing rules.
John's RC Sailing Rules and Tactics - https://sites.google.com/site/johnsrcsailingrulesandtactics/
Learning the Rules – Start simple
Learning the rules is quite a challenge – so try to master these five basic principles- they cover about 95% of all racing incidents:
- Port keeps clear of starboard,
- Windward keeps clear of leeward,
- Astern keeps clear of ahead,
- Only tack if you are clear,
- Give room to inside boats at marks, and when in doubt, stay clear – BUT ASK AFTERWARDS to find out which rule would apply so you may learn for the ‘next time’.
Words of Wisdom from John Ball